Tuesday, May 12, 2009

i'm not gonna lie, it ain't been pretty around here

For the last several weeks, it seems like Satan is working overtime to make the Sanders family pretty miserable. If you remember, about a month ago, we got rear ended at the beach. Well, approx. 12 days after that, I got hit by a lady on my way home from work. Turns out that I was allergic to the pain medication the ER prescribed me and I broke out in hives. And to top it off, I got violently ill on Mother's day and spent the majority of the day in bed. Poor Matt is still struggling with his back and is going to physical therapy a two times a week. Things have got to turn around for us right?!? The way I see it, I've got two options....I could wallow in self-pity, or I could pick out the little blessings that I've found hidden in these events. The optimist in me chooses the latter.
1. Praise God that our injuries are not any worse...and double praise that Noah seems to be injury-free from both accidents! Had I breaked any slower, the lady would have directly hit my driver's side door. 2. I'm amazed at how much Matt and I have leaned on each other during this stressful time. I'm so lucky to be married to him, he really makes me feel like everything is going to be ok. Plus, he is one super dad. When I was laying in bed on Mother's day, not only did Matt take care of me, he played with and entertained the little guy all day. This is breakfast that I woke up to that day...


3. After being in the ER for a few hours, I'm thankful for good health....there are some pretty messed up people out there (physically and mentally).
4. We got hooked up with a pretty sweet rental car. I was scared we'd get stuck with a matchbox car, but hey got us a comprable SUV to accomodate our monster carseat (which I love love love...this thing is like Fort Knox, so padded and safe for our little one - go Britax!).

On a brighter and much happier note, our little baby is now a toddler! He's not quite walking on his own yet, but he is sure toddling about. He likes to go short little distances, like from the couch to the door. His preferred mode of transportation is still crawling, and he is crazy fast at that. If there was a competition, I'm pretty sure he'd win 1st place!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...so happy that you all are safe and sound!
    Such a big boy! Can't believe how fast he is! Take care..we love you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete