Friday, April 2, 2010

birthday boy

My dear baby boy is now 2...I feel like all the "babyness" is slipping away all too fast. He's all about cars, trucks, trains, and helicopters. Running, jumping, and throwing balls outside are just some of his favorite activities. He's getting good at linking 2 to 3 words together to make simple sentences. And he's such a good brother to Emme, it melts my heart watching him interact with her.
Tantrums are also a common sight around here. He was having a difficult time cooperating with timeouts, so I got a little mat for him to sit on to help him understand that he needed to stay put when being disciplined. The plan has backfired on me because now he carries the mat around with him when placed in timeout, thinking that all is ok as long as mat is in hand. I had to stop myself from smiling the first time it happened.
We threw him a barnyard themed party with family and some friends from Sabbath School. A few of my closest friends from hygiene school also showed up to wish him happy birthday. I was so excited to see how he would respond to cake, but he wasn't interested at all...I'm guessing that once he realizes how delicious it is, he'll change his mind!



Checking out the farm animals on his cupcakes (cupcakes made by Matt)

Hanging out with Ellison, Chloe, and Ben


Thanks girls for coming!


Getting ready to blow out his candle

Taking a play break to eat macaroni with Ethan

Emme slept the party away

2 comments:

  1. Oh, looks like you all had so much fun! I went to buy a little gift for Noah but the store is open only two days a week and I had the wrong store hours grrr I was so upset! So needless to say it's late. Looks like it was the perfect weather for a party too. Loved the one where Noah is eating from the bowl. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun!!! Thanks for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete