Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy 1 week birthday!

Noah turned one week today! He came into the world March 30, 2008, weighing in at a mighty 5lbs, 12 ozs. We are so thankful to God that he is healthy and sound. His daily routine consists of: Eat, Poop, poop a little more, then sleep. We've discovered that he has the patience of his mother when he is hungry (meaning, when he wants food, he wants food now...not in a little bit, but NOW.). As first time parents, we are learning new things every day about how to care for a baby, such as burping (why is it that sometimes it takes him a few seconds to burp, and other times over 5 min? Is it really ok to keep thumping his back until he does?), changing diapers (what is it about a brand new, pristine diaper that makes him want to soil it immediately? Is it his way of marking his territory?), and bathing (what is it about a warm bath that makes him scream and cry as if we're purposefully torturing him? I mean, it's a warm bath, how bad could it really be?). With each day, something new is learned and it makes us fall deeper and deeper in love. He's perfect to us and we can't wait to get to know him better.




5 comments:

  1. Good to see we finally got a name here. Boy Sanders was sounding a little too much like Boy George.

    Sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo cute!! We are so happy for you guys. I love the pics. and can't wait to meet the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! We loved looking at the photos...he has changed so much from day 1. Holding him makes me want to have one of my own! Keep up the good work you guys are doing great. If you need a babysitter I'm free!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NuNa and Hyoung!
    Noah is so pretty and cute!
    Congratulation and I reaaly want to see him~
    Am I his uncle now? hahaha
    I miss you guys,too.^^

    -David Kwon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Noah - you are so beautiful, I can't wait to snuggle you all over! Parents - you did such a good job!!
    Believe me the mysteries of parenthood don't end with the poo-in-a-clean-diaper phenomenon. (Why must your territory be marked EVERYWHERE we go - why is peeing outside so important?)
    Good luck with the sore penis, Noah. I couldn't watch either, Joyce.
    Love all three of you so very much - I am praying that you all get lots of sleep . . . or at least enjoy the sleep you get . . .
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete