Sunday, April 5, 2009

joshua tree

After church on Sabbath, we went to Joshua Tree with the Wilkinsons for an afternoon of hiking. I got Matt a baby backback for his birthday, so he was eager to try it out! Noah fell asleep halfway through our hike, but he really seemed to enjoy being outdoors.





On our hike, I nearly fainted when I saw the biggest creature I'd ever seen that wasn't caged. This reptile was about 1.5 feet long and was basking on the rocks. I went home and did some research, and apparently, we saw a Western Chuckwalla, which is a protected species of lizard. Dale was brave enough to get close to take a picture.


Today we had a picnic at the park for Ethan and Noah. The weather was so hot, but the boys seemed to enjoy being outdoors. We feasted on hotdogs, fresh fruit and cupcakes. Noah's current obsession is balloons and he was clutching for dear life on that red balloon the entire time.


2 comments:

  1. A couple rock climbers in the making. Wish we could have joined you at Joshua Tree....greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, look at your little hipster baby in his cap! I love it!

    ReplyDelete